I have been sold on Russell’s Brunson for years. After I started using his software ClickFunnels in 2015 and read his book DotComSecrets, I didn't need anymore convincing that he was the real deal.
So when I heard that Russell had a new book coming out called Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Creating a Mass Movement of People Who Will Pay for Your Advice I immediately scoured the internet for an early copy.
Well, there wasn't one. So, like a good fanboy, I patiently waited and checked back constantly to see if the book was available anywhere.
A friend bought it for me the day it popped up on Amazon (#goodfriend). I read it in 2 days.
It didn't disappoint one bit.
The book doesn't (or didn't, depending on when you're reading) technically launch until April 2017. There was some sort of glitch in publication date and I was one of the lucky ones who snagged a copy. I was not part of any review team or anything cool like that.
Who Is Expert Secrets For?
- Anyone who wants to use information to make more money. Either by selling the information or using your expertise to increase visibility to your business.
- Anyone who uses ClickFunnels. Russell’s first book DotComSecrets goes into more detail about actual funnels, how they work and how to create them, but anyone who is part of the Clickfunnel’s CULT-ure needs to read this.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to become more influential and build a following. Russel shares how to build a loyal following from scratch.
My Expert Secrets Notes and Key Takeaways
So yes, the book gets 5 stars from me, but I also want to share a brief synopsis of expert secrets by Russell Brunson and give you the key takeaways of the first 3 chapters.
More will be added latter.
Every time I read a book, I take pretty scrupulous notes. That is essentially what I'm going to share with you here, my most important takeaways.
Now, my brief summary here doesn't do the book justice. Do yourself a favor and buy a copy!
Forward by Robert Kiyosaki
Kiyosaki explains the CashFlow Quadrant and how this book can take you from E to I quickly.
What is Expert Secrets?
The process of shifting from learning to teaching. At a certain point, to continue learning, we need to begin sharing what we know.
True Growth and fulfillment come from helping others like you get to where you are.
To each there comes in their lifetime a special moment when they are figuratively tapped on the sholder and offered the chance to do a very special thing, unique to them and fitted to their talents. What a tragedy if that moment finds them unprepared or unqualified for that which could have been their finest hour.
The Two Types of Expert Business
- Selling Information Products.
- Leveraging Information Products to Grow an Existing Company.
Whatever you are an expert in, learn it inside and out. It should be something that you "geek out on" and could talk about for hours.
Creating Your Mass Movement
The 3 common traits of the biggest cults in history.
- They all had a charismatic leader.
- They all focused on a future based cause.
- They offered their audiences a new opportunity.
The Charismatic Leader/Attractive Character
- "You just have to be one chapter ahead of your audience."
- Serve the people who are just like you before you became an expert.
- Money is not in the "sub-market." It is in the niches.
Example: Real Estate --> Flipping Houses --> Flipping Houses on Ebay
- Work to find a "blue ocean" and avoid the "red waters" of crowded niches.
Questions to Ask to Make Sure Your Market Will Sustain Your New Expert Business
- Would people in this sub market be excited about the new opportunity I will be presenting?
- Are the people in this market irrationally passionate.
- Are these people willing and able to spend money on what you're selling them?
Rules of Being an Attractive Character
- Live the life that your audience wants to live. To be believable you need to show that you are living the results you are selling.
- Maintain absolute certainty. When you start, you are writing for YOU not your audience yet. You are finding your voice and improving your skills.
- Don't be boring. Don't be mainstream, be prolific, but not crazy.
- Understand how to use persuasion. Encourage their dreams, justify their failures, allay their fears, confirm their suspicions and help them throw rocks at their enemies.
- Care a Lot. "They don't care how much you know until they know how much you care".
- Offer them value from their perceived relationship with you. Be sure that they are getting the value that THEY want.
Get Your Copy
Click the image below to grab your copy of Expert Secrets for FREE + shipping and handling.