With the need to practice social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic, hundreds of thousands of people have found themselves working from home for the first time in their lives.
If you're one of these work from home newbies, here are some things that you should check out if you want to up your performance, comfort and productivity!
1. Lume Cube Light. Many face to face meetings are being replaced with Zoom meetings. It's crazy how just adding a tiny bit of direct light can make you look better and more professional.
2. Public Rec All Day Every Day Sweatpants. I have 5 pairs of these now. Absolutely the most comfortable pants money can buy. They also look great and barely resemble traditional sweat pants. If you need to go out, you don't look like a savage who's been living in a cave. These are advertised for men but if I was a woman, I'd still wear them 🙂
3. Laptop Lap Desk. You don't want to get so comfortable that you start to get lazy, but if you're the type of person that can lay back and get work done, do yourself a favor and get yourself a nice laptop lap desk.
4. Noise Cancelling Headphones. If you have kids, you know exactly why these are so amazing. I'm linking to the best pair on the market but there are a lot of great options that cost less. I use my Bose headset and my Apple Airpods interchangeably.
5. Air Purifier. Hey, if you're stuck inside breathing the same air all day, it might as well be clean.
6. Ninja Blender. It's not common for a shared office space to have a blender (pretty disruptive having that "whooooouuughhhhrrrrrsssshhhhhh" sound all day. Now that you're in your own dojo, you can blend away. I make myself a protein shake every morning. It's easy to make and it keeps me full until my late lunch.
7. Coffee/Espresso Machine. You can't rely on Tom to keep making an entire pot of coffee. You need to make your own and fortunately, there are some awesome machines that can help you get coffee shop quality java in under a minute.