The success of your TikTok video relies just as much on your audio as it does your video.
A video paired with the right sound can increase the likelihood that it will be shared many times over. Your video could inspire other TikTok creators to use your sound in their own videos and even give you a shot at going viral.
There are a several ways to add sounds to your videos:
- Upload your favorite music or use your own music
- Record your own sounds
- Record a voiceover
- Search for audio in TikTok's music library
- Use sounds or music from another TikTok video
In this post, I'll show you how to add music to TikTok; whether it's your own music, an audio clip, or something from TikTok's music library.
How to Add Music to TikTok Videos
Even though TikTok has a great music library there will undoubtedly be times when you'll want to add your own background music.
To add music after you've created your video in the InShot Editor, tap the Music tab.
Tap Tracks. Then tap the video. The volume screen comes up; from here, slide the volume to 0%.
Tap Music and then tap Tracks to locate and upload music from your phone. Once you choose the music you want, tap it and you will see the USE button light up.
Tap the export button and choose TikTok so the video along with the music can be uploaded to TikTok. Afterwards, you can edit and manipulate the video as normal.
Tip: Make sure you are the owner or all rights needed to add your own music. You don't want your account to get banned due to any copyright violations.
Add Sounds to TikTok Videos
Enhance your videos by adding your own sound. Here's how to add sound when you create a new video.
Step #1. Open the TikTok app. Tap the plus + icon at the bottom of the screen.
Step #2. Tap the red circle at the bottom of the screen to start recording your video. When your recording is finished, tap the red circle again and then tap the red checkmark on the bottom right corner of the screen.
You can adjust the volume of your video's original sound along with your added sound by clicking Volume.
Step #3. Now, you can edit your audio recording using the bottom and side panel options.
Here are a couple ways to edit your audio and add some unique sound effects:
- Use the slow-mo effect to slow down the audio.
- Clip your audio.
- Add a voice effect.
Editing might seem confusing at first, but with a little practice, you'll get the hand of it.
You might also want to think about using a third party app like InShot to edit your audio track.
Once you finish editing, tap Next to go to the next screen.
Step #4. Tap Post.
Step #5. Look at the bottom of the TikTok video, tap the spinning record on the bottom-right of the screen.
Step #6. Tap Add to Favorites to use the audio at a later date or in future videos. Or tap Use this sound to create a new TikTok video using this same sound.
Add Trendy Music To Your Videos
It's easy for you to include trending music in your TikTok videos, using the Trends feature. Clicking Trends will give you access to a full list of popular songs to use. to be used to build a film. All music can be saved in My Favorites.
Discover New Music
TikTok gives you suggestions for new sounds to try out under the Discover tab. When you find a song you like, tap it and then tab the red USE button to use that sound for your video.
How to Add a Voiceover to TikTok
You can enhance your video by adding a Voiceover. This tool is part of TikTok’s video editor function.
1. Once you've recorded or uploaded your video, tap the red checkmark on the bottom-right of the screen.
2. On the side panel, tap Voiceover.
3. Locate the part of the video where you want to add your voiceover and then tap the Record button. Long press the button as you record the sound.
4. Once you complete recording the voiceover, tap Voice effects to experiment with different ways to achieve the results you want. When your edits are complete tap SAVE.
5. After you’ve finished recording and editing your voiceover, use the Volume tool to adjust the volume. Tap Original sound to keep it or uncheck it to delete. Tap DONE.
Tips for Creating Your Own Sounds on TikTok
You want your audio clip to be memorable and shareable, instead of boring and mundane. Here are some tips to help you create sounds that make your entire video great.
1. Make it Flow
The best sound to create for your video is the one that no one notices. Because everything flows together. Make sure you record sounds that are clean, with minimal background noise.
2. Keep it Loopable
When someone watches one of your videos multiple times, TikTok’s algorithm is more likely show them your next video. If you make your video loop seamlessly, people may keep watching because they haven't realized that it has started over.
The same goes for your sound or audio. When people add your audio to their own videos, their followers will watch those videos multiple times as well.
3. Can They Hear You?
Turn up the volume when you recording. You don't know how people will be listening as they watch. Are they in a public place? Are they wearing headphones? Make your sounds are loud and clear.
4. Make it Different
As you're thinking about creating your original sounds, make sure they aren't the same old thing people have already heard over and over. Make your sounds and audio different and unique so that people will want to watch your video again and again and also share it with their friends.
How to Add a Sound to TikTok from the In-App Music Library
Follow the steps below to add music to TikTok from the in-app music library.
1. Open the TikTok app. Tap the plus + icon at the bottom of the screen to create a new video.
2. When you're finished recording, tap the red circle again, then tap the red checkmark on the bottom-right of the screen.
3. Tap the Sounds icon at the bottom-left of the screen. Select a sound from the list of sounds and music.
5. Tap Trim on the right-hand side of the screen, then drag the audio clip left and right to pick the section you want to use. Once you're finished adding your own sound, tap the red checkmark, then tap Next.
6. Post your TikTok by tapping Post.
Borrow Music from Another TikTok user
If you're stuck trying to find the right sound for your video, just copy it from another video. You are able to copy music from any video on TikTok. All you need to do is start scrolling and then follow the steps below.
First: Find the video that you want to copy the sound from. Click the spinning record in the bottom-right corner. Tap Use this Sound.
Second: Choose whether to Add to Favorites and use it later or select Use this sound and start recording.
That's it! This is also a great way to build up a library of your favorite sounds that you can use in other videos.
TikTok is a fun way to express yourself using video, whether its for business or personal use. How do you use TikTok?