Fact: Amazon (re)sellers with 50+ SKUs benefit massively from some type of automatic pricing system (known as a repricer).
A repricer will help you to...
- Win the buy box more often. This means more sales and a smaller amount of storage fees.
- Take the emotion out of pricing. Constantly changing your prices is time consuming and emotionally draining especially when you need to Repricer downwards. Set your minimums and follow your system.. Although some sellers do use repricers to instigate the race to the bottom unfortunately.
- Avoid underpricing your products. With tags and rules, you can make sure that you don't take a loss on a product (or at least understand when you will be taking a loss if need be).
So, do you agree that a repricer is a valuable investment?
The various repricing softwares on the market certainly do!
Pricing for these tools isn't cheap and can range from $25/month to several hundred dollars per month. Some repricers even go so far as to charge a percentage of gross sales!
Now, I'm not going to knock these services for their pricing. If used properly, these tools should make you your money back many times over BUT that doesn't mean I'm not going to provide you with a cheaper alternative.
What is the alternative?
Amazon's native repricer + AMZ Repricer Enhanced
Many of you might already be using Amazon's free, native repricer. You may love it or hate it, but everyone who uses it extensively should notice a few missing components that would add serious value.
At the initial release of the free repricer, there were some serious issues.
It left much to be desired in terms of data and options...
"Barren" might be a good word to describe the repricer on it's own.
Brian Patterson saw that this was a great start BUT with some minor enhancements, it could be a great overall solution.
So, he spent several months creating AMZ Repricer Enhanced.
The rest of this post is going to show you why it might be the solution to your repricing needs WITHOUT spending a fortune each month (spoiler alert: it costs just $99/year!)
What Is AMZ Repricer Enhanced
First, let me tell you what it isn't.
It ISN'T actually a repricer at all.
It doesn't require MWS keys or any sort of 3rd party API access to work. It holds and displays data, allowing Amazon's free repricer to finally breath and you to make intuitive pricing decisions well beyond just minimum price.
AMZ Repriced Enhanced fills in what the native repricer is lacking. The features that really make the tool a valuable asset.
You and your team can blaze through your pricing routine with speed, accuracy and efficiency.
You'll be able to see...
- The current buy box price
- Your estimated profit
- Your estimated ROI
- How many units you have left in stock
On top of that is my personal favorite feature: the ability to add tags and notes to all of your SKUs. Tags and notes will help you remember important information about each SKU.
Notes and tags help you remember things like...
- Your thought process when buying
- Where and when you last purchased this item
- What coupons/cash back/gift cards you used
- Whether or not you wish to replenish the item
- Links to your invoices for the item (if you use a tool like Google Drive to store your invoices and receipts)
After using it over an extended amount of time, you'll come up with dozens of your own ways to utilize the tags and notes feature to get the most out of the tool.
So you're likely wondering
- What does this actually look like in Seller Central?
- How easy is it to upload all of my product prices?
This short video will explain the basic functions of both sections.
If you want to dive even further into things, you can see the guide that breaks down everything from making rules to general best practices.
You can keep a well oiled, automated pricing routine going WITHOUT giving any 3rd party website access to your MWS keys OR paying expensive monthly fees.
Sound good? Well even better, you can try out AMZ Repricer Enhanced FREE for 7 days (no credit card required) via the link below!
AMZ Repricer Enhanced in Action
I've explained why the tool is great, but here are some additional detailed examples of how it works.
Here is what your seller central area will look like after you've signed up and installed the extension.
You can easily upload your buy costs and toggle between your pricing rules.
Uploading is easy once you create your formatted CSV file...
The cool gets more powerful every time that you use it. You don't need to make every rule, every tag, etc. right away. Take your time and get it right. It will pay off big time in the long run!
And of course, you will be able to select different rules for different SKUs. Simply select the SKU or SKUs that you want to create rules for and go!
Did I mention that this only costs $99/year!?!?!
Get started with your free 7 day trial and let me know what you think of it in the comments!
Special thanks to Brian Patterson for his help in drafting this article for my readers